So your relationship has come to an end and you’ve been deeply hurt and you’re looking for an emotional message to your ex-boyfriend to either say goodbye or a heart-touching I miss you love message to get back to your ex after break up. I’ve got you covered!
Sending an ex-boyfriend texts messages after breaking up can be a daunting task you might not know where to start from.
Well, I’ll always tell you to start by stating the reason why you’re sending an emotional message to your ex-boyfriend that will most probably make him cry.
Do you want him back? Do you miss him a lot? Did he hurt you and you want to give him a taste of his medicine? Do you simply want to say goodbye and move on? Or it’s his birthday and you want to wish him a happy birthday since you’re still on talking terms.
Personally, I don’t usually keep in touch with my ex-boyfriends after we’ve broken up, especially when I was much younger.
I felt it was too much hassle as I wouldn’t get back in a relationship with them so why keep up the pretense or make them feel like there might be a slight chance of us happening again by keeping in touch. All in all, I feel there was a little bit of youthful exuberance in the play also.
A few years down the line, I reconnected with an ex who was engaged and we kept a cordial acquaintanceship. Around that same time I broke up with my then-boyfriend and for the first time, we remained friends; although it took two months of silence on both ends initially.
I remember my current ex telling me months later that when we finally got talking again that the goodbye message for ex-boyfriend I wrote him was so heart-touching, he cried.
Even my then-engaged ex later told me that my birthday wishes are among the favorite ones he always looks forward to because it’s always emotional either from a romantic view when we were still dating or from a platonic view now that we are cordial.
Personally, I don’t see myself as a writer or a poet but what takes my message to my ex-boyfriend to another level is the emotion I infuse into it either from past or present.
To help you with your emotional message to your ex-boyfriend, I’ve compiled a collection of goodbye message for ex-boyfriend, message to your ex-boyfriend who hurt you, short message for ex-boyfriend, I miss you love message to get back your ex after break up, heart touching message for ex-boyfriend birthday in this article.
What Is The Best Message For Ex-boyfriend?
A heartfelt one. Whether it be a goodbye message, an “I miss you” message, or a birthday wish, the emotion infused into it is what will matter.
I Miss You Love Messages To Get Back Your Ex After Break Up
Breaking up doesn’t mean you shouldn’t miss your ex. They were once the center of your world and you did everything together, so, you should definitely miss them.
1. My eyes are hurting cause I can’t see you, My arms are empty cause I can’t hold you, My lips are cold cause I can’t kiss you, My heart is broken, and I miss you!
2. Staying apart is easy, but not thinking of you, is very difficult; I have tried so many things to make myself away from my past, but when I feel the silence around me, you come into my dream always. Miss you.
3. My heart still beats for you. I yearn for your presence beside me every single day. My heart misses you so much and I can’t forget about you.
4. Even though we agreed to this heartbreak, my heart still can’t accept it. I miss you so much, dear!
5. I miss you a lot honey. I cannot be okay away from you. You were my everything, from being my best friend, guide, and lover to being my hope. You were not just my girlfriend but much more than that. I want everything back. I value you a lot.
6. I can’t believe that I don’t have you to come home to again. I hate to admit it, but it’s been really cold without you. I miss you, hon.
7. We might be apart, but your memories are still within me. I don’t know how long it will take for me to forget them, but until that day comes, I miss you so much.
8. How am I supposed to piece a broken heart? It doesn’t even help that I can’t stop thinking about you. I miss you so much!
9. On the day of our break up I said that I do not want to see your face. I regret saying that. Every day I crave to see you and talk to you. I have been missing you a lot lately. Your thoughts still bring a smile to my face. Love you, my girl.
10. This heartbreak wasn’t what I signed up for when I said yes to you. I miss how things were with us, and I especially miss you.
11. Even if our relationship came to an end when you broke my heart, my heart still misses you because our relationship was awesome from the beginning.
12. For everything you have done, I can never forgive you. But for everything we have been through, I can never forget you. I miss you.
13. I know I shouldn’t be doing this at this time, but I can’t help it since I miss you so much. Everything we did together is missed. I’m not sure if it applies to you as well.
14. I don’t feel revengeful that you aren’t in my life anymore. I feel grateful that you were there for some time. I miss you.
15. I don’t want to be in denial, let me stop pretending. I don’t want to lie. I miss you from the bottom of my heart.
16. Every relationship is not about reaching a destination. Ours was about enjoying the journey. I miss you.
17. Since you departed my life, everything around me seems to be meaningless. Although it is evident that you have departed my life, my heart has struggled to accept this. It occasionally misses you.
18. Sometimes I wish I could just pick up the phone and hear your voice one more time. But then I realize that you were never meant to be mine. I miss you.
19. My heart has gotten over you, and I have the strength to move on with my life, but I still wonder why I miss you. I miss you so much.
20. I know why I fell in love with you. I know why I broke up with you. I know why I don’t love you anymore. I just don’t know why I still miss you.
Emotional Goodbye Message For Ex Boyfriend
So the relationship you nurtured is coming to an end but it is mutual or you don’t want it to end on a sour note, so you’re looking for an emotional message to your ex-boyfriend that will say the much-needed goodbye but with the appropriate emotions attached.
Here are 10 emotional goodbye message for your ex-boyfriend that will get the job done.
21. Hey [Ex Name], I know that we’ve decided to go our separate ways but I just want to thank you for being my rock when I needed one, for loving me even when I felt unlovable, and for staying true to yourself for me.
I’ve always thought that there’s nothing like a right relationship at the wrong time but the universe decided to prove me wrong because we were.
As much as it pains me that we are not just meant to work right now, I want you to know that I don’t hate you for the path you chose. I want to also remind you that you deserve to be loved again, so don’t shut out yourself.
You deserve the best (which is me) but in my absence, second best is good enough, lol 😉 On that note, I’d like to say Goodbye my [nickname], I’ll be rooting for you from my end!
22. Dearest [Ex Name], goodbyes are hard and my heart is literally in pieces even though I know this is for the best.
This goodbye does not mean I am departing from your life forever. Instead, this goodbye is for a short time when you and I will be working on ourselves to become an impeccable match for each other and even the universe won’t be against us! This is to hope to meet your best self at the end of our “break”.
23. For the last time, Hello To The Love Of My Life. I gave you my heart without putting any terms and conditions and loved you deeply even when everyone was against us.
Promises, they say are meant to be broken and you definitely broke the ones you made to me. You disrespected my love, lied to my face, and cheated on me, that hurt me deeply especially when it became that I was the only one kept in the dark.
You didn’t only break your promises but you also broke my only deal breaker which is a testament to how much you don’t value me.
[Ex Name], this is goodbye, please respect my last wish from you and leave me alone. Right now I don’t want to talk. If we ever get to meet in the future then we’ll know how to proceed but this is it. Goodbye from the girl who unconditionally loved you.
24. Hey, my personal doctor [or ex-name], I hope this message meets you well and I hope you don’t take it the wrong way.
As much as it breaks my heart to do this, it is imperative that I do it now that there’s still enough time before your last academic session starts.
I know how important your goal of becoming not just a doctor but also the first graduate in your family is to you, and I don’t want to become a hindrance to that. You, [ex-name], are my addiction and I’m likewise yours.
I’m taking this painful decision of saying a temporary goodbye from your life for the foreseeable future; I’ll always be in the background praying, cheering, and assisting you in whatever way I can.
Just concentrate on your exams, I will wait for you till my life end. Goodbye and I deeply love you.
25. Dear [ex-name], we’ve come to the end of our chapter together. Our love story was an example and it will be an example for many. It is an example of commitment and devotion.
Love never restricts, it gives freedom, just like ours. You go and fulfill your dreams, don’t worry about me, you are in my heart and will always be.
26. Hey, so it’s another day without you in my life. I know we said we wouldn’t write or call each other but I just couldn’t keep up.
Each day, I try to find activities that will help me stop thinking about you. I’ve gotten myself drunk and played all sorts of music, but I still can’t get you out of my head. I’m shattered. Completely.
27. Hey [Ex Name], You know how I’ve always valued honesty and how it has always been the best policy in our relationship, so I want to show you the respect of keeping that going.
I admire you and I care about you a lot, but I don’t feel like our relationship is a big priority anymore. It isn’t either of our faults, I just think we have grown beyond what we can offer each other. I think it’s best to end things.
28. I know doing this over text probably seems awful, but it’s the best way for me to gather my thoughts. I just wanted to say that you’ve meant a lot to me.
You’ve been there for me through some big moments in my life and I will always treasure that. You know I love you, but lately, I haven’t been feeling like I’m in love with you.
I know this is going to hurt you, but I need to be honest about how I’m feeling. I would love to stay friends if that’s something you’re interested in, but I understand if that would be too difficult for you right now.
29. I wanted to reach out and let you know what’s been on my mind lately. While our relationship has been incredibly special and meaningful to me thus far, I am realizing more and more that we both want different things out of life.
Despite nothing truly being wrong within our relationship, I think it would be best to part ways, so we both have the opportunity to go after our individual goals.
30. Our relationship has been such an important aspect of my life for so long that I feel like I’ve forgotten how to just be me.
While I’m beyond grateful for the beautiful memories that we’ve shared together, I think it’s really important for me to be alone at this point in my life.
Please understand that this is not about anything that you did or didn’t do- you truly are such a wonderful person and have been an incredible partner. I’m so sorry to have to do this, but I hope you understand where I’m coming from.
31. You are truly one of the most incredible partners I have ever had, but I’m no longer feeling like this is the best relationship for me.
I feel like we’ve done what we can to improve our relationship, but we may just not be the best fit for each other. I truly appreciate all the special memories we’ve shared and wish you nothing but the best in your life.
32. This has been so fun but I’ve realized that I’m not quite ready for a relationship just yet. Dating these past few weeks has made me realize that I’m not quite recovered from my last relationship, and I don’t want to be unfair to you. I need to take this time to myself. I hope you can understand.
33. After getting to know you a bit more, it’s obvious to me that you’re not quite ready to date. It may not be my place to say this but I’ve been in your shoes and know how important it is to take time to fully recover from a breakup before trying to date again. I hope you can get to a good place soon and find someone who makes you just as happy.
34. I’ve realized the distance between us is too great and there is no immediate remedy. I am not built for a long-distance relationship. I’m sorry, I need to break this off and move on.
35. I wanted to check in and let you know that I enjoyed getting to know you a bit better on our date. While I think you’re a great person, I just don’t feel like our personalities were the best fit for each other. I wish you all the best.
Heart-Touching Message For Ex-Boyfriend’s Birthday
So, you have an ex-boyfriend who you still keep in touch and it’s his birthday and you don’t know how to wish him a happy birthday?
Truth be told, writing a birthday message for an ex-boyfriend can be quite a challenging task as you don’t want to do too much or come off as still interested.
Well, I’ve got you covered with the best polite but heart-touching birthday wishes for an ex-boyfriend that just does the job. They can also serve as an emotional message to your ex boyfriend on his birthday.
36. Happy birthday, my one-time lover and all-time good friend. Your happiness is all I seek, so, I’m wishing you a very fruitful and happy new year. Enjoy your day.
37. Today is a super special day for you. I hope you maximize the potential of the day to the fullest and celebrate your birthday like there is no tomorrow. Happy birthday my ex-love.
38. The fact that we are no more together will never take away the fact that you will always be special to my heart. Happy birthday.
39. You ain’t my Romeo anymore but a good friend you still are to me because your love was indeed pure and true. Happy birthday, [playful or sweet nickname]. I wish you nothing but joy and love.
40. Yes, we haven’t seen each other faces for ages but I don’t have any hard feelings for you. Your presence still makes me feel vivacious. Happy birthday, sweetheart!
41. At first everyone thought we were together even when we weren’t, and now that we’re apart while everyone thought we’ll get married soon. It’s mysterious how we’ve come apart. Happy Birthday, ex-boyfriend.
42. I’ll put you first on this day because a heart like yours deserves it. Happy birthday, champ. Wishing you longevity, prosperity, and happiness. I still care with all of my heart.
43. We cannot predict how long we are going to stay with someone but we can choose to create ever-lasting alluring memories with the person. I had some chocolaty memories with you. Happy birthday, ex-boyfriend!
44. Count the age, not the wrinkles you have. Count the blessings and the wonderful experience, not the mistakes you have made.
45. Happy birthday, dear. You’ll always occupy a special place in my heart even though we are currently living separate lives.
46. May your days be dreamy as you want. May your fairytale love still find you. May you have good reasons to live on. Happy birthday to my ex-boyfriend. He was the best and still is.
47. Happy Birthday to a person that is charming, talented, and witty and reminds me a lot of myself.
48. Just want to take a few moments from your special occasion to send my genuine emotions along with happy birthday wishes to you. May your special day turns out to be the best one of your life!
49. Happy Birthday my ex-boyfriend. I wish you good health, a great time, and happiness that lasts a lifetime.
50. Happy birthday, ex-turned-friend. The ship sailing us may not be a romantic one, but it isn’t a bad one either cause, it’s one of friendship. I wish you a classic new year.
51. It’s your awesome day and I want nothing but the very best for you on your birthday. May you experience true love again. Happy birthday, ex-boyfriend!
52. Happy Birthday dear, it’s your day and I wish you all the best, May this birthday bring you love from all around; you are an ex-boyfriend I am proud to be close to.
Final Thoughts On Emotional Message To Your Ex-Boyfriend
Sending an emotional message to your ex-boyfriend is a great way to send those mushy “I miss you”, and birthday wishes while also making him cry with some heart-touching goodbye message for ex-boyfriend or a breakup short message for ex-boyfriend.
While you want to pluck out your phone and start sending, wait, I’ve got some do’s and don’ts for you!
- Don’t say you wish to remain friends if you don’t mean it, even if you’re just trying to sound polite.
- Don’t overuse flattery. Just don’t! But that doesn’t mean you should be mean.
- Be Kind! Except if your ex cheated on you or blew up your life, there’s no need to be unnecessarily cruel.
- Don’t start listing off all the problems in the relationship. It makes you a nagger and makes your supposed polite message go downhill fast!
- Try to pick the best time before you send that breakup text. You don’t want them to receive such a piece of devastating news before their interviews or an equally important meeting.
- And lastly, show your relationship the respect it deserves especially when you’re sending a goodbye message for ex-boyfriend.
So, now that you’ve got your do’s and don’ts you can go ahead and send that ex a missing you message, an emotional message to your ex-boyfriend, or any of your choice.
For your continued reading, you can check out 10 Expert Tips To Fix A Broken Relationship and How To Build Trust. They are excellent choices and will help you in your quest of sending an emotional message to your ex-boyfriend. Ciao!
Don’t forget to give us a follow on social media!
KINDLY SAVE THIS FOR LATER!