The annual day of love is here and it’s time to search for the perfect valentine gift idea that expresses how much the person means to you. Valentine’s Day is the only day that allows you to tell those you love and have feelings for such as your crush without fear of repercussion.
Personally, in high school, I used Valentine’s Day as an excuse to tell my crush how much I feel although it was anonymously because I was too shy.I’d sneak mysterious love notes and chocolates into his locker or school bag.
Although I no longer sneak love letters or chocolates into high school boys’ bags, I now use them as a creative way to express my love to my husband.
Every year, each Valentine gift idea differs, I can either decide to go big or go sentimental but no matter the path I choose, it’s always thoughtful and so should you.
What Is The Best Valentine Gift?
The best Valentine gift is one that is curated, made, or bought with love. The best Valentine gift ideas should be thoughtful, sentimental, and practical.
I prefer practical gift ideas to outrageous ones because whenever that practical gift is in use, the receiver will always remember you and have fond thoughts that will hardly go away.
Whenever you’re in doubt about the best valentine gift idea to give to someone special, always go with a gift basket, it never fails!
What Is The Most Common Valentine Gift?
Obviously, the most common valentine gift from numerous studies conducted is chocolate! Flowers especially red roses are a close second.
But you might want to go the uncommon road for valentine gift ideas this year and if you choose that, some DIYs are always thoughtful.
Peradventure you choose to go the common route, you can always spice it up with some romantic valentine date ideas!
What Are The Top 3 Selling Gifts On Valentine’s Day?
In no particular order, the top 3 selling gifts on Valentine’s Day are:
- Valentine’s Day cards
- Chocolates and candy
Valentine Gift Ideas For Her
This section contains the best valentine gift for girlfriend that is sure to melt her heart and show her just how much she really means to you.
Valentines day gift ideas for her can be dubbed as valentine gift for wife, girlfriend, or the special woman in your life. Browse through our picks and feel free to pick out the best options for you, it promises not to disappoint!
You can never go wrong with jewelry. It is one of the top 10 valentine gifts for girlfriend that she’s sure to love. Whenever you’re in doubt, go for some jewelry because girls love their glitz be it in gold, silver, some diamond, or even a birthstone pendant!
2. Eternity Roses
Rather than the classic valentines gifts of flowers, give your lover this box of preserved eternity pink or red roses. They definitely last longer than the classic flowers that will wilt within a week.
With these eternity roses, they are guaranteed to last a year; that’s 365 days of her being reminded of your love and thoughtfulness. You can also customize it with a personalized message, scents, and many more.
3. Romantic Picture Frame
This romantic but not cheesy gift idea can also dub as a valentine gift idea for him. If you’re looking for romantic valentine gifts for wife then frame your favorite picture together and put it in a personalized frame. This is as romantic as it gets!
4. Beauty Subscription Box
Getting their favorite beauty products delivered monthly is certainly going to tell any woman how much she means to you, it should definitely be added as a new love language! Don’t want to go down the monthly subscription route? Then you can get her a box of all her favorite beauty products and then add a voucher for her subsequent purchase.
5. Massage Candles
Set the mood at your next date night massage by lighting up this massage candle before giving her a good body rub. The intoxicating scent and the warm melted oil on her skin makes for such a heady combo that a happy ending is most definitely guaranteed 😉
6. Self-Care Spa Gift Basket
This is hands down one of the best valentine gift for girlfriend you can get her this valentines. Remind her to take out time for herself with this self-care spa gift set that contains all she’d ever need for some overdue TLC!
7. A Sensual Perfume
Getting her a fragrance has to be one of the most popular valentines day gifts but if want to gift her a perfume then let it be a sensual one. Get her a sensual scent fit for a femme fatale that she’ll bask in!
8. Pure Silk Pillowcase
Getting her a pure 100% silk pillowcase is not just a gift to express your love but it also shows that her wellbeing in this case, her hair, is also your concern. With this pillowcase she’ll wake up looking more pretty everyday!
9. Instant Camera
Document your favorite moment with this portable instant camera from Fujifilm.
10. Online Cooking Class
This is one of my favorite valentine gift ideas for her especially if she’s a cooking freak and is always looking for the latest recipes.
11. Reber Mozart Kugel 6-Piece Portrait Box
Rather than the classic valentine gifts of chocolates, get her these fancy vintage-y Austrian chocolates and she’d feel like ‘madame De Le Crust’ of the high-end society. P.S.: they are less than $15!
12. Rechargeable Compact Mirror
Have beauty on the go with this compact lighted mirror that can be charged for up to 10 hours of use. This trendy lightweight compact mirror is perfect for effortless touch-ups anywhere you go!
13. Ceramic Bake-Ware
For the woman that loves her casserole, then upgrading her dishware with this ceramic bakeware is certainly one she’ll appreciate.
14. Electric Foot Massager
Perfect for the career woman who after 8 hours in her high heels would need a foot massage.
15. A Planner Or Journal
Is she the journaling type? Or you just want to aid her in her personal development journey, then getting her a planner or journal where she can jot down all her rambling thoughts, great ideas or even plan for the next day is certainly a thoughtful way to go about it!
16. Heart-Shaped Tea Bags : Perfect for the woman who wants to cut down her caffeine intake. It’s both thoughtful and cute with a trace of quirkiness.
17. The Comfy Teddy Bear Wearable Blanket: Winter is currently here and the cold is already setting in so why not gift her this blanket sweatshirt. It will keep her warm, make sure she stops hogging the blanket and she can actually move around the house in this. Win-win, right?
18. Bluetooth Shower Speaker: Does she love to sing at the top of her voice during shower time? Then elevate her Bathroom Karaoke mode with this waterproof Bluetooth shower speaker!
19. Pajama Set: Waking up in your t-shirt is alluring but give her the princess treatment by gifting her a cozy pajama set. She’ll not only wake up to good morning love saying in her ear with it but it’s also perfect for movie nights!
20. Bathtub Caddy: does she love having a good soak and you want to make her feel like a queen then this bathtub caddy is the way to go! Get her one featuring a book holder alongside other handy compartments and you’ll definitely be her knight in shiny armour.
21. Fuzzy Slippers: This is one of the valentines day gift ideas for her if she’s easily cold. Get her a warmies slippers that she can easily pop into a microwave to keep her feet warm and fuzzy.
22. Heart Bath Bombs Or Shower Bombs: If she’s a shower person, then a set of fantastic shower bombs will brighten up their mornings. A bathtub person? Then no worries as you can also get a set of heart bath bombs in different fragrance to uplevel her soaking time!
23. Smart Moon Lamp: you promised to give her the moon, right? Well, this comes a close second! It will also make for a great nightstand piece.
24. Desk Photo Calendar: Want to always be on her mind? Then gift her a desk photo with your pictures. For an easy DIY route, you can pick out 12 great pictures of the both of you, print out calendar pages and put them on a small desk easel.
25. Lingerie Set: Well, it’s Valentine’s and you might as well gift her a sensual lingerie set you’d like to see her in and she might just reward you for it, wink;)This is one of the top 10 valentine gifts for girlfriend that she’ll enjoy.
Valentine Gift Ideas For Him
Hey, congratulations you’ve made it to this section! This next list of valentine gift ideas contain valentine gift ideas for him, valentine gift ideas for husband and valentine gift for boyfriend. They will draw him closer to you and make his heart fonder!
26. Men’s Grooming Kit: Be it a personalized shaving kit or a beard kit, this is definitely a guaranteed winner!
27. Sneakers or Shoes From His Favorite Brand: This is one of the valentine gift ideas for him that he’ll love. A light cushiony sneaker perfect for day-to-day activities from his favorite brand is definitely going to become his go-to. If you want to go the formal route then some oxford’s or dress boots will broaden his collection!
28. Your Vows As An Art Print: This can dub as valentine gift ideas for wife too. It is as perfect as it is thoughtful! Printing your vows or some part of it as an art print means he’ll never forget the words you told him on your wedding day. I think this is the deepest way to tell your husband how much you love them on valentines day or even your anniversary.
29. Weighted Blanket: what’s better than a blanket? A weighted blanket! It’s perfect for that that nap king who really wants to de-stress as it will help me minimize all those tossings.
30. A Customized Water Bottle: Giving him a water bottle is a great gift but giving him one that has been personalized by you even to its color choice will hit harder.
31. Diamond Whiskey Glasses Set: is this your first valentine’s as a married couple? Then this is one of the perfect valentine gift ideas for husband that you can gift him. This diamond whiskey glasses set is one that is sure to add elegance to those his gentlemanly nights.
32. Phillips Wake-Up Lights: Want to improve his morning routine? Then this wake-up light with sunrise and sunset stimulation is perfect for him. It can also serve as your alarm as it has some smart features including Tap Snooze.
33. Watch: No matter the number of watches your man has, a new watch can never be frowned upon. So if you’re looking for an easy way out, then get him a watch; preferably in a color he doesn’t own, from a brand he’s yet to own or one that is on his wish list!
34. Love Coupons: Working on budget? Then this is the way to go. You can even go the DIY route with this one with a lot of ideas currently on TikTok. This is a romantic and sweet gift he’ll appreciate all-year round as he keeps cashing in on his vouchers!
35. Personalized Docking Station: Is he always looking for his car keys or he can’t remember where he kept his wallet? Help him stay organized with this wooden docking station that you can personalize with his name. Don’t also forget to pick a colour and his favourite wood when personalizing it!
36. Sock Subscription: He will always be looking for a pair of his favorite sock but with this gift, that will become a thing of the past as fresh pairs of plain or funky patterned socks will be arriving each month.
37. Personalized Wallet: this is one of the all-time classic valentine gifts that never go out of season. Rather than the normal impersonal wallet try monogramming it with his initials. For a super-sweet idea, you can add an engraved wallet card inside it, he’ll keep this gift forever because it’s such a romantic idea.
38. Bluetooth Beanie: With this, his average beanie is out the window! This is one of the valentines day gift ideas for him that he’ll love because of the practicality of it. When he’s out for a run or heading to the gym, there’s no need for an additional headphone that might be too bulky as this Bluetooth beanie can last up to 10-hours on a single charge.
39. Smartphone Camera Lens Kit: With this there’s no need for those bulky DSLR lenses. His Instagram photo quality will remain the same and he can be a photographer on-the-go even if he’s just doing it as a hobby!
40. Coffee Subscription: if your man needs coffee through an IV before his day starts then a valentine gift idea for him doesn’t get better than this. Each month, he’ll receive a 12 oz. bag from one of 60+ roasters, all tailored to his flavor preferences.
41. Premium Cocktail Maker: This is as much a men’s valentine gift ideas as it is yours! With this premium cocktail maker, your cocktail nights just got better and more fun as this premium cocktail maker will make your homemade bar rank like a normal bar.
42. A Pack Of High-End Cigar: This is not your regular valentine gift idea but it’s one that will compliment your partner whether he’s a smoker or not. If he’s a smoker, he’ll exceptionally love a pack of premium cigar that he can occasionally savor for a long time. If he isn’t a smoker, then no worries, as this can also serve as a decorate piece to elevate his appearance and dressing especially to those high-end gentlemanly meetings or clubs.
43. Long-Distance Touch Bracelet Set: This is my favorite valentine gift for boyfriend especially a long-distance one. This touch bracelet is such a sentimental gift that your partner won’t ever want to take it off. Whenever you’re away and you’re thinking of each other, touching your bracelet sets your partner’s own into a gentle vibration, signaling them that they’re on your mind.
44. Custom Pet Portrait: Is he proud fur dad? Is his pup his one true love? Then look no further because this will be his favorite gift. What better way to acknowledge his love for his pet and your respect for it than getting him a customized pet portrait. After all, it’s a day of love!
45. Shiatsu Neck And Back Massager: He’s such a hard worker so why not gift him this massager for his sore neck and back muscles. It’s such a practical gift that you’d be his favorite human with this gift. This massager will give him a much-needed shoulder rub when you’re not there to give it.
General Valentine Gift Ideas For Couples
46. Date Night Ideas Jar/ Scratch Off Poster: Are you always running out of creative date ideas? Then one of the valentines day gift ideas you can invest in is a date night ideas jar or the 100 Date Scratch Off Poster. The mystery of it all will definitely amp up the fun in your date nights.
47. What I Love About Us Personalized Book: This is one of my favorite low-cost DIY gifts for couples. You can make your own prompts like “we make the best team”, “I love it when we __”; just get as creative, fun or sappy as you wish. Don’t also forget to fill it in with pictures of your guys.
48. Mini Pocket Speaker: If they love to blast music then this gift is perfect for them. It is lightweight, has bass and can last up to 5 hours on a single charge!
49. Custom Couple Portrait: Get a custom portrait of your wedding picture or any other memorable or favorite picture either in a watercolor-style or as a line drawing if you’re more of a minimalist. This is as adorable as it is cheesy but it will also serve as a great artwork for your living space!
50. Scavenger Box
51. Heart Collage Puzzle: Taking photo gifts to the next level? Turn it into a puzzle!
52. Kissing Mug
53. Photo Album: Get all your favorite and memorable pictures together in one place with a photo album and it will be a memoir that will live the test of time!
54. Personalized Cutting Board
55. Aromatherapy Diffuser: This perfect for an office space, your living room or even the bedroom. Humidify the air while diffusing both of your favorite eclectic scents. The calming light it gives off will lift the ambience too!
56. Lover’s Sweatshirt: Get matching lover’s sweatshirt and rock it for your next date night! You’ll definitely be the talk of the town for that night!
57. Position Of The Day Playbook: Looking for a way to put up the heat on your intimacy then not even your greatest imagination would come up with half of this book content. It can also be a freaky gift idea.
58. Sushi Set For Two: do you want to elevate your stay-at-home date nights? Then this foodie-approved sushi set for two is definitely for you. It comes with two rectangular plates, two sauce dishes and two pairs of bamboo chopsticks, so endeavour to start planning your weekly sushi nights immediately.
59. Matching Family/Couple Pajama: Are you a family of two or six, it doesn’t matter with these matching pants and tops or even onesie for the baby of your crew! You can go the extra mile by customizing it with your names, favorite quotes or even pictures.
60. Personalized Overnight Bag: This bag is perfect for those weekend camping trips. If you’re an adventure loving couple, then you can gift each other a matching personalized with your initials overnight bag. So for that your next trip, there’s no need whipping out the big ol’ boxes!
Please Save This For Later!